Thursday, January 31, 2013

Perfeccionista... aka perfectionist


Hello family!!
I love you guys!! It has been a crazy second week!! So many things to write about and not enough time. Where to start.... hmmm. Well first off you should all "Write away, and keep a missionary posted" haha oh dear; it is off a missionary ad thingy I saw and it says to look up Proverbs 25:25. You know those corny litle photos with the captions yeah it was one of those haha.
This week has defiantly provided more growth for me. As hard as it is I am finally learning to forget myself and go to work. It is soo hard, but so rewarding. Like once I finally got over myself and my own inadequacies I was finally able to enjoy teaching lessons. We finally got Luz our first investigator to pray, then we committed Felipe to baptism, and just so much more. We have 2 new investigators Roberto and Monica. Roberto went really well but Monica is a tough one. It is so challenging for me to not be such a perfectionist and accept that I am making huge srides in the language, but I just want to be there right now... I still want to be perfect, but it is all in the LORDS time. I have to remember that. Honestly though I feel so much better after every lesson now that I have taken that advice to heart and have stopped stressing out over the language. Like it is now easy to love being here.
We also had our first TRC Training Resource Center lessons today teaching members who volunteer in order to help us  . It was really awesome to realize that we can teach some of the lessons in Spanish, plus all the people we taught were really nice (two seperate twenty minute lessons this week).
As far as everything else well lets see I definitely have to tell you about the crazy number of fire drills we have here! Seriously I have been in three in two weeks. One postponed our going to lunch then the other day some girl burnt popcorn (I knew I didn't like that stuff), and then one in class. When the popcorn burned though I was right in the middle of my shower. Yeah that totally sucked!! I was standing there covered in soap, shampoo in my hair, and wet makeup all over my face. I didn't know what to do haha. I call out "Hermana Sorensen are you still there?!" and then she calls back "yeah... BUT WE HAVE TO GO NOW!" hahahaha maybe that doesn't seem as funny to you but it seriously was the best. Felt like the pioneers have to leave everything behind and just go. So next thing you know I am tredging through the snow in my pj's and shower shoes. haha good times. Then after a police man lets us back in and we start the showers back up some male voice is all "Sisters? you're not supposed to be in here". and we were like NOOO. haha but we explained that we had been let in by an officer and so then we were good to go.
So you know how my date got pushed back bc of the huge influx of missionaries and the general conference announcement? Well now they don't have room for all the girls so they are adding an additional bed to every room in our dorm/apartment. That is nuts. IDK where they are going to put it hahaha.
So we get a new district today :) But we loose a district next week. Meaning the four sisters including me in our district will be the oldest Hermanas meaning one of us will probably get called as coordinating sister here soon. I am going to be sad to see our coordinating sisters go, I really like them.
Also because time on the computer is so limited please send your messages through Dear Elder or snail mail while I am in the MTC.... I love you, but there really isn't time to try and read and respond throughly via email to all the messages. Oh and on the topic of mail if some or all of you would PLEASE take some time maybe instead of writing me this week and write a letter of encouragement to Elder Wickenhagen that would be the BEST! I feel so sad for him, he is the only one in our district who hasn't gotten any mail at all yet. So really please, I will be so ecstatic if I see he gets a ton of mail this week, and don't tell him who sent you to send it or anything just like an anonymous pay it forward would be great. Just type his name instead of mine and then all of the rest is the same as far as the address goes and box number. 
It is freezing here!! It has been snowing like crazy. So walking to the temple proves to be a venture I feel like my flats that are ready for California are a little out of place here haha. But luckily knock on wood I haven't fallen on my face yet.
LOVE LOVE LOVE you!!!!
Hermana Miller

PS Thank you so much for the package with the tights and breakfast packets and the delish cupcakes :)) love you all!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment