Friday, August 30, 2013

Harvest Time!

Hello Family and Friends!! 

It has been another week already. It was funny to me that twice this week I was asked why I wasn't in High School... Apparently I still look like I am underage. 

Sister's Conference was so good this week! While we were sitting there I remembered what I felt like walking into the mission office the first day. I've come a long way since then. This is my life... I am a missionary! I also love the friendships I have made with the other sisters in the mission. They are all such beautiful, devout, honest, faithful women; I look up to them and their examples. You couldn't ask for a better group of uplifting lifelong friends. 

We had Mini-Missionaries this weekend!! The Hanford Zone sets apart the Laurel and Priest aged young men and young women to serve as missionaries for one weekend. It was pretty awesome. I had a 16 year old companion who taught me so much about being a missionary. Sister Perez was quiet but she broke out of her comfort zone to talk to everyone! She went tracting and handed out pass along cards like it was no big deal. Her faith and positivity was so refreshing. I miss her, and can't wait to see where she serves her own full-time mission in a few years. 

I got to try Superior Dairy Ice-cream this week! Yay for Banana flavored ice-cream. It is delicious, and their scoops are HUGE. The single was easily split between two of us. (I wish that place was in my boundaries for sure... lucky Elders). 

Another highlight of the week was harvesting GRAPES!!! That is dirty work. I came home caked in all the juice and dust, but it was a blast. I doubt I would love to do that as a full time gig, but for one day it was a good experience. We took knives and trays and cut the grapes off the vine and then laid them out on paper so they can dry into raisins. (We will go back in a few weeks to roll them.) I was sad I had forgot my camera so I don't have any pictures but then again thinking how dirty I was maybe it was a good thing haha. 

Hope it has been a good week for all of you! Thanks for all the letters and love you send. I miss each of you!! 

Love,
Hermana Miller 

No comments:

Post a Comment