Monday, January 6, 2014

Pullin' Out the Stops!

It has been a difficult week for me, but regardless of that we are still seeing blessings. I got the BEST news today: that Howie (from the Mercy Springs ward) just received the Melchizedek Priesthood and will be headed off to BYU-Idaho this weekend!!! Seriously, how much greater does it get than that?!?! I don't think it does. I knew he was going to be an AWESOME Melchizedek Priesthood holder!!! Once you have the gospel truly nothing can stop you! 



Christmas was great! I was so happy to get to talk to my family. (Although I won't lie I am pretty excited that Christmas 2014 will be with them). We were well taken care of and were able to visit a TON of people. Members, non-members, and investigators! (Daidre I was even able to watch Despicable Me 2!!! Huzzah!... How is that movie collection going btw?). 

We are working with some really prepared people and continue to see miracles. There are also those rough lessons that leave you feeling grateful for your testimony and make you more appreciative of the good lessons. SERVICE is my favorite. I can always walk away from a service project feeling good about myself and KNOW that I was able to tangibly help someone else. ( I may also love the food that is sometimes included in the projects haha).  More painting and cleaning and wood hauling were all part of our service this week. We also were able to visit some members at the old folks home and that was great. 

I LOVE AND MISS YOU ALL!! 

Start out 2014 with a smile and knowing you are loved!!! 

Alma 28:14 "And thus we see the great call of diligence of men to labor in the vineyards of the Lord; and thus we see the great reason of sorrow, and also of rejoicing—sorrow because of death and destruction among men, and joy because of the light of Christ unto life. "

Love,
Hermana Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment