Friday, November 29, 2013

Sprinting thru the Sprinkles


Well Family and Friends.... I once again have forgotten my nifty little stickynote and planner with all of the things that happened this week :/. So I will try to remember what I wanted to tell you all about.
 
So this week was Hna Parra's Birthday, and we were soooo busy on Wednesday. It was craziness. I think for the first time I literally did not even have a moment to think of any type of distraction whatsoever; I was a missionary machine and we were working on overdrive. I went to bed that night exhausted and woke up still tired from all of the energy we exerted. It is a great feeling to know that you really have given 100% of yourself to the Lord, even if it was just for one day.
 
We've had some really great help from a member of the branch presidency here and it is completely changing the work. We now have seperate dinners instead of 6 missionaries all eating at one house and it is relieved a huge burden on the members and blessing more homes at the same time. That in conjunction with some other things we were trying out it helped us to double the number of our quality lessons this week! We went from 12 to 24 in just one week! We also were able to have a church tour with the two members of our stake presidency. When some elders saw us with the Stake President and one of his counselors they asked if we were in a test haha. 
 
We had a fun little activity for Thanksgiving this week called "accion de gracias". A family of former investigators we had taught actually came and a less active couple that we have been working with; so that was great!  
 
It was also a week of service. We were enlisted to clean up cockroaches twice... lech. I still hate bugs. It was probably the most nasy thing when I moved the curtains back in the one house and the roaches when running in all directions. Bleh! But it felt good to be able to help others, I feel like we don't do enough service. And both of the families really did need our help. One of them the mother is wheel-chair bound and so that makes it difficult and the other is a mother just coming out of living in homeless shelters. [I was sad to lose one of my favorite skirts to a bleach stain, but really in the service of the Lord what's the worth of one lousy skirt?]
 
It has finally started to get chilly here. I even took out my tights and sweaters!  Well with that cold front came some rain one day. I was dashing through it to get into our nice heated car. It was funny because it wouldn't be raining as we went inside for our appointments so I would leave my coat in the car, but then as we came out it was just pouring haha. So the first time it happened that morning Hna Parra and I decided we would run as fast as we could after I unlocked the car. We took off at a full sprint only to run right through a deceptive puddle and splash water all over each other haha. It was awesome we both were laughing.
 
Five things I was reminded of this week:
1. Ask (even when you already know the answer)
2. Give Freely (others need your help)
3. Empower Others (notice and express gratitude for other's talents)
4. Watch Your Tone (it conveys more than actual words)
5. Try Back Later (situations and circumstances change)
 
I hope all is going well! Remember I love you! Have a great week!
 
D&C 58:2-3 "For verily I say unto you, blessed is he that keepeth my commandments, whether in life or in death; and he that is faithful in tribulation, the reward of the same is greater in the kingdom of heaven. Ye cannot behold with your natural eyes, for the present time, the design of your God concerning those things which shall come hereafter, and the glory which shall follow after much tribulation. "
 
Mucho amor,
Hermana Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment