Monday, October 21, 2013

Enabling Power Lifts the Duet


Hello Family and Friends!!
 
It has been another full week already. They seem to come and go so quickly now.
 
This week we had a Specialized Training in Merced. The "highlight" of that experience for me has to have been a duet that Hermana Parra and I preformed. For every conference we have every zone puts together a special musical number. I've been a part of a few of those when the whole zone sings but this time was a little different. Our zone had not put together a presentation and so the day before when my companion asks about it the zone leaders put her in charge of it. (I should also note that we are the only sisters in the most northern two zones right now). So with that she decided that we should sing... we as in her and I. I don't think I have ever been so nervous in my whole life. We climb the steps to the podium and I can't even look out to see the 100 something missionaries that are sitting there. My heart is pounding so hard that it feels like it is going to break through my chest. But I told myself that I could do it, the worse thing that could happen was it would sound horrible and everyone would make fun of us (which in reality wouldn't happen knowing the audience was mostly all missionaries). I said a silent prayer before we went up and just asked that angels replace our voices or alter the hearing of everyone in the room, because I didn't think that it was going to turn out without that divine help. So there we are and the piano starts playing... I clench my hands and lock one knee, and we start singing. That divine assistance didn't come through the way I had prayed for it haha. So, we sounded alright with my quavering voice. I didn't die and no one made fun of us so I think that it was alright in the end. Really though there is truly nothing like singing with joy about the love that we have for the Savior. I was grateful for the opportunity and by the end of the fourth verse I had calmed down enough that I could feel myself bearing testimony of the truth to the words we sang. I love how the Atonement can really give us an enabling power to do things that we otherwise would not be able to accomplish alone. (In case anyone is wondering we sang the lyrics of #197 O Savior Thou Who Wearest a Crown to the tune of If You Could Hie to Kolob).
 
Sopes are my new found favorite Mexican Food. DELISH!!!  So yummy.
 
Highlight of the week was when little Erika a not even 2 year old who NEVER talks told me "bye Hermana" as we left an appointment.
 
I love you! And I miss you all! Have a great week! 
 
Jeremiah 29:13 "And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart."
 
Love,
Hermana Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment