Tuesday, October 15, 2013

How is it already October?!


Time is flying by and it is scary how the days and weeks are just suddenly gone and used up. I cannot believe that it is now October and already time for me to write this email again.
 
Modesto is wonderful. I truly love it here. I love my companion and I love this branch. Our goal is to help them become a ward and so we are going to focus on teaching the importance and blessings of tithing. I cannot wait to get my hands on a Spanish copy of President Bednars talk from this last weekend to do it too haha.
 
I wanted to just make a small comment about good leadership this week. I have been so privledged to see excellent leadership in my mission. All the way from the top down to the bottom. From the Prophet and my Mission President, to the Assistants, to the Zone and District Leaders. These men are some of my new found heros. They know how to sense concern and then discover its roots and respond accordingly. If only men and women in power everywhere could have such genuine love for those that they serve this world would be a better place.
 
special miracle I witnessed this week was also a result of worthy priesthood holders. A young boy in our branch has had surgery on his legs to help fix his clubbed feet. As a result of these surgeries, Javier is now in double leg casts and has to ride in a wheelchair to get around. We were over having dinner with his family after Saturday Conference before the Elders had to go to priesthood session. As we finished our meal and prepared to leave little Javier was shaking on the couch from the extreme pain. His humble mother asked for him to recieve a priesthood blessing. The Elders made no mention of their need to leave, no comment about the time, nor did they hint at any slightest inconvenience. They willingly took out their oil and knelt down around Javier and pronounced upon him one of the strongest blessings I have ever felt. I could not hear the words of that blessing, but I did not need to. I know that Heavenly Father was very aware of Javier; that he provided a way, through four Elders being a conduit to the Spirit, for him to feel relief.  Sister Parra and I stayed to share a message with their family and so we were able to see that after the Elders left Javier recovered from his pain and was smiling almost minutes after that blessing. These are the moments that I live for as a missionary. I am sure those four unassuming Elders have no idea how much they helped to strengthen my faith that night, but I am so grateful for them.
 
Another neat experience was a Less Active Member having a dream about Sister Parra and I before we ever met her. She told us upon our first visit that she had seen us in a dream before we came and that in that dream she was with us back at church. Heavenly Father truly does prepare each of his children to recieve the truth in the way that they or we need it.
 
I love you all and am grateful for your continued support and love.
 
Deuteronomy 4:9 ... keep thy soul diligently...
 
Love,
Hermana Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment