Thursday, May 2, 2013

Crazy Week :)


So I am going to start by apologizing I don't have my sticky note with my notes about what to write home this week. We went to the temple in Fresno this morning as a zone and it was AMAZING! But it is why I didn't write on Monday and why I am on shortened time right now. (Sorry it also means none of my awesome pictures from the week).

I hear that lots is happening at home! That is exciting. Lots of blessings and trials. I am so excited for my little brother (Kail) who gets to serve in MaceiĆ³ Brazil mission starting on September 18th!! What a wonderful work this is. You're going to love it so much. I don't even know what to tell you to prepare but really it is the best. It is super challenging but so rewarding. 

We did a Mormon Helping Hands service project last Saturday that was a lot of fun. We got to go up and down the canal and build "burms?" those little dirt piles around trees to keep the water in from the bubbler sprinkler thing. (you can tell how much yard work I did before my mission lol). It took all morning but with the help of sunscreen no sunburn :). It is getting SUPER hot here already. They say that it's an early and hot summer... already probably in the 100's. 

Friday was a Zone Conference in Modesto North. That was really good as well. Such great leadership and speakers. Very motivational. It made me stop and think about how I am following the Savior, like what have I held back... what more can I give? The answer is a lot. I haven't fully submitted my will to the Lord's yet and I know it. I don't know how long it is going to take for me to get better at that but I am working on it. 

We have a good group of investigators that we are working with and a few baptismal dates. I am starting to really love the members in the area as well. They are so sweet and giving. They are such good examples to me. 

On a kind of surprising note I am starting to be more and more ok with Salads... Yeah that green leafy stuff may be appealing in some form by the end of this 18 months haha. 

I am sure there were lots of other really awesome experinces this week that I had intended to tell you but I am lost without that sticky note where I keep it all together. 

Know that I love and miss you all! Things are going great here for me in California. I am still learning a lot and hopefully improving my character. I know that the Lord knows each and everyone of us that he loves us and is looking out for us. Smile! 


Love,
Hermana Miller 

No comments:

Post a Comment