Sunday, September 7, 2014

Bittersweet (May 26, 2014)

The bike is sold and gone! Wahoo! No more of that!!!

I had my last Zone Conference this past week. That was a different experience. All the times I have heard President introduce the departing missionaries before they bear a departing testimony, and I had always been like "man that day will never come".... and then suddenly this past week I was the one sitting behind him holding back the tears. There are such strong emotions that words really can't describe it. There is a deep gratitude for this opportunity that I have had... also joy and jubilation to return home and yet also anxiety and terror haha. In one word I would have to say it truly is bittersweet. 

Funny of the week: some elder swiping my heart! So we have the lock your heart board, you may remember this from the very start of the mission... And when you arrive here you paint a lock and with it you (symbolically) lock (your heart with) it to this board, until the time when you return home and unlock it. Well we had to go through and identify/claim our locks this week and I got up to the board and my lock has been tagged with some elder's name! I was like what the... oh no. hahaha. I was able to straighten it out though and redirected his label to the correct lock and reclaimed my own haha. 

I finished reading the Book of Mormon again this week!! I had gone through and read it looking for and marking all the references to joy, happiness, and rejoicing. It was an excellent project that helped me to identify what things the scripture heroes took joy in. Really so much of their happiness always came back to Jesus Christ. As I reflect on that truth I can see that in my own life. I may have fun or think something is entertaining, but anything that brings true soul deep joy or lasting happiness originates in and radiates out from the Savior. 

Mark and his three cousins were all baptized this week! It was so wonderful. I love ordinances, I love covenants, and I love the Spirit all of which were in abundance on Sunday! 

I love you! 

Moroni 9:6 "And now, my beloved son, notwithstanding their hardness, leus labor diligentlyfor if we should cease to laborwe should be brought under condemnation; for we have labor to perform whilst in this tabernacle of clay, that we may conquer the enemy of all righteousness, and rest our souls in the kingdom of God."


Love,
Hermana Miller 

No comments:

Post a Comment