Sunday, September 7, 2014

Who Doesn't Love Cookies and the temple?! (May 12, 2014)

Ah! It was so so good to get to see and talk to everyone for mother's day! I love and miss you all so much! 

It has been another week already! News of the week was Mark setting a baptismal date! Woot! So the last Sunday (25th) of this month that should happen. It was really special the last time we taught him about the plan of salvation and then we sang "I am a Child of God" and the Spirit just came in and dumped on us. I love those moments. 

I got to go on an exchange to Barrio 15 in Fresno again this week with Sister Briggs. That was pretty good too. We did this service project cleaning out the volleyball court behind the chapel there, and well I got a little sun haha. We also taught this little boy named Memo and were able to set a date with him as well. The adventure at his house was trying to not offend his mother while not accepting the black sweet iced tea she was trying to give us. #missionaryproblems. My favorite part of the exchange though was definitely while we waited to switch back with our companions. We had beat them to the meeting place at the Fresno West Stake Center right next to the temple and so we decided to walk around the grounds while we waited. Turned out to be an even better decision when we scored some delicious chocolate chip cookies from the deacon welcome meeting or something that was going on at the stake center that night. As we walked something to the dumpster we talked with this man who was carrying out garbage. We jokingly asked if they had cookies in there and thought nothing more of it as we parted ways and headed for the temple. Well a few moments later he called out to us from across the parking lot "Hey! I got you Cookies!". It was a sweet moment where I could feel Heavenly Father's love for me through someone else's kindness. 

A funny moment of the week was when Sister VanWie fell asleep during our companionship prayer. We were opening our companionship study and she was the one saying the prayer and mid-sentence she just stopped. I was like hmm maybe she is waiting to feel the spirit or pondering what to say? Well then she asks me a few minutes later if she had said the prayer. I informed her that she had started haha. We got a good chuckle out of that. We are really tired! Missionary work sure can take it out of you lol. 

I gave a talk in Spanish Sacrament Meeting yesterday! I got up in front of the group and I felt like my brain dumped all of its contents. I was really grateful I had wrote out little note cards haha. After I got going though it all came back. Talking in front of large groups of people in Spanish is still intimidating! 

Heleman 4:12 "And it was because of the pride of their hearts, because of their exceeding riches, yea, it was because of their oppression to the poor, withholding their food from the hungry, withholding their clothing from the naked, and smiting their humble brethren upon the cheek, making mock of that which was sacred, denying the spirit of prophecy and of revelation, murdering, plundering, lying,stealing, committinadultery, rising up in great contentions, and deserting away into the land of Nephi, among the Lamanites"

LOVE,
Hermana Miller 

No comments:

Post a Comment