Sunday, September 7, 2014

Tiempo por un Fiesta Anyone? (May 5, 2014)

Happy Cinco de Mayo!! 

We have been working like always here in Kerman! I am trying to bring things that I have learned along the way here to help out this area. So of course the first thing to do was request an unbaptized member list, because really that is where a lot of really good leads have come from for me in the past. As we have been going along I have been reminded that it is a lot of work to find effectively, to work through the members. But in the end it is paying off. We found two new investigators this week who are both super awesome. I think as the time draws shorter and shorter I am really learning what it means to focus on finding the people who are prepared now. Of course you always plant seeds along the way too, but there are people who are waiting right now as well! 

Throw Back Pic: Street Sign in Modesto
Courtesy of Hna. Parra
It has been scorching hot here in the central valley. It might as well be the fourth of July based on the temperature here lately. Maybe that is why no one seems to be at home lately? They have all gone to get icecream... that is what I would do ;) 

Funny story of the week was getting chased by a huge-man-eating-miniature dog! We were out for our daily run we round a corner and suddenly sparky is there barking at my heels and ready to chow down. I don't think I have sprinted that fast in my whole mission, OR been that awake at 6:30 either. haha 

Remind me after the mission to tell you the ridiculous story of the 1st name issue here in Kerman. There is no way that I could put all that into one little email. Sorry. 

A member took us to an all you can eat crab feed Saturday night! It was pretty delicious. And I managed to ward off the lurking young man seated next to me quite nicely when I informed him, oh so cheerily, that I am a missionary and then proceeded to ask which church he went to. Honestly he wasn't so bad, and it turned into a good contact where I was able to teach him about the structure of the church a little bit in between his invites to go star-gazing. People just can't seem to wrap their minds around the idea that we don't have "free time" as missionaries to just go out and "enjoy ourselves". 

A great quote that I wanted to share with you all this week is from President Monson, "It’s important that we eliminate the weakness of one standing alone and substitute for it strength of people working together….Unless we lose ourselves in service to others, there is little purpose to our own lives."

I love you all!! Can't wait for Sunday Mother's day phone calls!! 

I'm also thinking that Alma 37:36 "Yea, and cry unto God for all thy support; yea, let all thy doings be unto the Lord, and whithersoever thou goest let it be in the Lord; yea, let all thy thoughts be directed unto the Lord; yea, let the affections of thy heart be placed upon the Lord forever. " might be a good family scripture someday for my future family. 

Have a great week!! 

Love, 
Hermana Miller 

PS I also ate brussel sprouts this week. And I LIKED it!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment