Sunday, September 7, 2014

Happy Belated THANKSGIVING!! (December 2, 2013)

Hello!!
 
It has been a good week here in Modesto. I hope all of your holiday was just as great! We were able to go over to yogurt mill for some frozen yogurt this week (delicious salted carmel pretzel!). Then there were two really fantastic church tours. One was with an investigator of the English Elders, but her fellowship (who is in the stake presidency) wanted us to do her church tour. So we did it in Spanish... well I think it was Spanish but she is from Brazil and speaks Portuguese... so maybe I am learning more than I think haha. Then the other one was with a less active and his girlfriend. It was so SUPER!! The spirit was so strong and definitely the guide. I just love seeing people feel the Spirit for the first time in who knows how long. No matter where we are or where we have been we can always come closer to our Heavenly Father and his arms are wide open to welcome us back.
 
THANKSGIVING!!! I thought I was going to be so homesick and really just sad for the holiday, but really it was one of the best Thanksgivings yet. In the morning after our run we went and met the Zone at the stake center for a championship basketball tournament. I hadn't played sports my whole mission and that was a competitive few hours haha, but it was so fun! (Plus while I was there I ran into a girl from the 2nd ward named Emily who is related to the Hebers ... Bishop Heber who lived across the street from us in Alaska! Small world!). Then we had a wonderful dinner spread with the Grimes. I love them so much, and being a part of their family makes it easier not to be with mine. A second thanksgiving dinner Spanish style was some pozole... there wasn't much room for it after all I had devoured already haha. Lastly after visiting with some different investigators and members we were able to go over to the hospital and visit with a youth in the branch who had appendix removed the night before. It was so rewarding to just be offering thanks by helping others and hearing all of the things that they are grateful for.
 
Exchanges with Hermana Martinez (yep, my 1st companion). Let's just say that it was a rough night for me, but we both made it out alive. Driving in circles, looking scary, and not having apartment keys were all on our agenda for the night apparently. But that is alright it was a learning experience and I think honestly we got along much better than we ever did as companions... Baby steps right? Plus it made me way more appreciative of where I am at right now ;).
 
Well I hope that it is a fantastic week! I love and miss you all!!
 
Romans 5:3-4 "And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; And patience, experience; and experience, hope:"
 
Love,
Hermana Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment