Sunday, September 7, 2014

To the Mountains!! (December 16, 2013)

Hello Family and Friends!!
 
LOTS of news this week! The Christmas Season sure is busy as a missionary!
 
I finished reading the Bible this morning!! That took FOREVER, but I learned so much reading the Bible from cover to cover. A year later but wow such good stories and examples. God truly is the same yesterday, today, and forever. All I have left to finish up now is the Bible Dictionary but I am only in like the F section so that may be a little bit. BUT I am pretty excited because now that I have finished that project I can start reading Jesus the Christ. I wish I had three hours of personal study each day.
 
TRANSFER CALLS!!! I am headed into the mountains to serve in Yosemite with Sister Vernon! Sister VanWagoner my beloved trainer is coming here to Modesto 12th East to be with Hna. Parra. Lots of emotions. I really love these people here sooo soo much even though I felt like a lot of the time I couldn't really help them or even understand them. I cried as I bore my testimony yesterday in sacrament. They have so much potential here and they are doing so great. Lots of changes for them in the branch. The Branch's second counselor was released and called as the YM President and just a lot of other leadership changes as well. (I would get transferred to the coldest part of the mission in the dead of winter haha... just saying lol... but I am really really excited too!). Looks like I will be having a white Christmas after all :).
 
Hna Mertlich (coordinating sister when I first got here) was here traveling training for a few days early in the week! She served half her mission in Modesto so she felt like she was at home. We were able to visit a lot of people that she had taught here. It was so heart warming to see the tears of joy fall as the Meza kids sang "I am a Child of God". She helped that family get baptized... no words can describe it. I just wish you could have all been there.
 
Making sugar cookies this week with the Fernandez family was so fun!
 
Christmas Zone Conference was great! We reviewed the historic nativity and then played Christmas Bingo.
 
Zone Leaders came and visited with us. They are so inspired. They invited us to start the 12 week program again and focus on the fundamentals as a companionship. As a result of that we studied the Doctrine of Christ again. That was the most powerful Spirit led study I have had in such a long time. I came to realize that Heavenly Father has LET me be here. (It reminded me of a talk by President Eyring about when he was allowed to stay in BYU-I presidency when he wanted to leave and take another career opportunity). I don't know how to explain it to you. It wasn't like I heard a voice or anything but I was 100% aware of the fact that this is a blessing in my life. I have learned things here that I could never have got any other way or place. This is where the Lord wants me right now, but more importantly this is where I need to be right now for my own sake.
 
The Branch Christmas party was also a blast! They had two pinatas and a Santa... what more could you ask for? The kids were loving it all with their adorable little reindeer antlers.
 
We met a really awesome man tracting this week from Baghdad Iraq. He is Assryian and Christian. The epitome of good people. Sweetest old man of my life. I'm so grateful for those moments to meet these people as they share their history.
 
Daniela and Jonathan are the most prepared people I've met my whole mission. I am so sad I am missing their baptism on Saturday. But they are going to do great and it will be wonderful. I am just glad that I was able to meet them and teach them. <3
 
I love you all so much!!!
 
Love,
Hermana Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment